We are delighted to announce that the school has achieved a Silver Award from the Teacher Development Network for excellent practice in the planning and delivery of CPD for staff.
We have demonstrated the following areas of strength:
- There is a secure understanding of what makes effective CPD at Tinsley Meadows.
- There is a strong developmental culture of learning in the school, modelled by the leadership and experienced daily by the staff.
- The CPD in the school is carefully matched against most staff’s requirements and the needs of the pupils it serves.
- Research, evidence and feedback are at the heart of all decisions in the school.
- The school makes robust decisions about the way it commissions external providers of CPD.
- Tinsley has strong links with other local schools and networks of teachers/leaders specifically based on advancing CPD.
- The school contributes a great deal of subject and pedagogical knowledge to other schools and has built a strong reputation throughout the city and beyond.
The school is now working towards a Gold award which can be achieved over the next few years by ensuring that the excellent practice that is currently in place is experienced more widely by all members of staff.