Job VacanciesWe are passionate about delivering inspirational teaching.
Train to Teach at our school.
Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy is proud to be an Initial Teacher Training Provider.
Read more about SSELP Schools Direct Training.
Apply now – contact email@example.com.
Post Title: Level 2 Teaching Assistant – 2 posts (1 x nurture unit based, 1 x across school)
Salary: Grade NJC Grade 3 (£18,795 to £19171 pro rata per annum)
Term time only pro-rata (39 weeks + five weeks holiday)
Hours: 34 hours per week / 39 weeks or year
Contract: 1 x permanent, 1 x Fixed term 01.09.2020 – 31.08.2021
Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy is part of Five Rivers Multi Academy Trust and is a leading Sheffield School for pupils aged 2 -11 years. We have a vast amount of experience in raising attainment which in turn, helps us to raise children’s aspirations for a happier, safer and more positive future. We also have national Teaching school status and advise others nationally on practice.
Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy are now seeking to appoint 2 x Level 2 Teaching Assistants to work across school (1 of the posts will be classroom based and 1 will be split between providing 1-1 support and being based in our nurture classroom). The successful candidates, whilst working under the supervision of a qualified teacher, must be able to work independently and be capable of assessing the progress and development of the pupils. We are a friendly team who will make you very welcome.
The essential aspects of this post is the ability to motivate children, along with a commitment to raise achievement and standards. An NVQ Level 2, or equivalent qualification, or relevant experience is needed and a good standard of English and Mathematics. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate sound ICT and excellent interpersonal skills and be flexible and adaptable.
If you think you have the necessary skills and dedication we would be delighted to receive your application. Please state which position you are interested in when applying for the position.
Application packs are available by contacting Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy
As we are currently working in unprecedented times and visits to school are not available if you have any questions or would like to speak to someone regarding the position(s) in more details you can contact either Deb Sanderson (Principal) on 07712 306061 or Allison Brunt (Exec Business Manager – FRMAT) on 07562 424464 between the hours of 9am-5pm Mon – Fri or look us up on Facebook, Twitter or the school website www.tinsleymeadows.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS ON A SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL APPLICATION FORM. WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS ON FRMAT FORM.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete Disclosure Barring Service check in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
More information is available here: TA 2 advert x 2 posts July 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any candidate applying for employment at our school will undergo rigorous checks to ensure our children are safe at all times. Checks continue to be carried out on staff and volunteers throughout their employment with Tinsley Meadows Primary School.
Key members of our staffing team are ‘safer recruitment’ trained. This means they know what to do to safeguard children and young people from unsuitable applicants and to avoid employing anyone who might pose a risk to our children. There is always at least one trained member of staff involved in the shortlisting and selection process.
Our recruitment procedures are very robust and essential checks are made throughout the selection process. As part of our recruitment and selection procedures we:
– Take up references from the applicant’s current or former employer, following up with the author of the references if there is anything that appears to be contradictory or incomplete. (the school reserves the right to contact present employers and any previous employer. Employers will be asked about disciplinary offences, including those which have expired)
– Use the provisions set out in a 2012 amendment made to the School Staffing (England) Regulations 2009 to request from the applicant’s current or previous employer details of any capability history that may have occurred in the previous two years, and the reasons for this.
– Consider whether the candidate has the necessary physical and mental fitness to teach, including whether any reasonable adjustments are required to enable the individual to provide effective and efficient teaching (as required by the Education (Health Standards) (England) Regulations 2003).
– Consider the flexibilities that exist to make appointments subject to the successful completion of a probationary period in order to provide the opportunity to assess an applicant’s suitability for the post over a period of time
– Ensure Disclosure and Barring Service Forms are completed and verified before employment commences (in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997)
– Check eligibility to work in the UK
All school posts are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, and so all criminal convictions must be stated, with dates.