Job VacanciesWe are passionate about delivering inspirational teaching.
Current vacancies across the Five Rivers Trust:
Train to Teach at our school.
Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy is proud to be an Initial Teacher Training Provider.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any candidate applying for employment at our school will undergo rigorous checks to ensure our children are safe at all times. Checks continue to be carried out on staff and volunteers throughout their employment with Tinsley Meadows Primary School.
Key members of our staffing team are ‘safer recruitment’ trained. This means they know what to do to safeguard children and young people from unsuitable applicants and to avoid employing anyone who might pose a risk to our children. There is always at least one trained member of staff involved in the shortlisting and selection process.
Our recruitment procedures are very robust and essential checks are made throughout the selection process. As part of our recruitment and selection procedures we:
– Take up references from the applicant’s current or former employer, following up with the author of the references if there is anything that appears to be contradictory or incomplete. (the school reserves the right to contact present employers and any previous employer. Employers will be asked about disciplinary offences, including those which have expired)
– Use the provisions set out in a 2012 amendment made to the School Staffing (England) Regulations 2009 to request from the applicant’s current or previous employer details of any capability history that may have occurred in the previous two years, and the reasons for this.
– Consider whether the candidate has the necessary physical and mental fitness to teach, including whether any reasonable adjustments are required to enable the individual to provide effective and efficient teaching (as required by the Education (Health Standards) (England) Regulations 2003).
– Consider the flexibilities that exist to make appointments subject to the successful completion of a probationary period in order to provide the opportunity to assess an applicant’s suitability for the post over a period of time
– Ensure Disclosure and Barring Service Forms are completed and verified before employment commences (in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997)
– Check eligibility to work in the UK
All school posts are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, and so all criminal convictions must be stated, with dates.