School Meals & School MilkWe are driven by our desire to provide a positive, safe and stimulating environment.
Our contractor Mellors Catering has worked in partnership with pupils, parents and the community to develop a 3 week menu rota that meets the needs of the school community. The catering team have worked with the school to run meetings and workshops with parents and develop food that the children will not only enjoy but that meet the school nutritional standards as set out by the DCSF September 2009.
- Provides healthy and nutritious food, that meets all associated legislation, to all users of the catering facilities, thus fostering the well being of all concerned.
- Provides food that appeals to the tastes of the diverse ethnic mix of pupils, staff, parents and community.
- Creates an enjoyable dining experience for pupils and staff that contribute to their education and social skills.
- Provides catering that supports and encourages extended school activities. This includes a breakfast service and after school clubs and can also cover other activities by parents and the wider community both during and out of school hours as well as school holidays.
Mellors have been awarded ‘Contract Caterer of the Year 2017′
All Halal food served in our school is Halal certified.
The school currently sub contracts the provision of school meals for our children to Mellors Catering Ltd. They are contracted to provide a healthy and nutritionally balanced meal, providing vegetarian options and Halal meat, if requested.
We have offered Halal meat and poultry, as standard, through this service for a number of years in response to requests from parents. We currently follow the Sheffield City Council’s policy on Halal meat and poultry. This states that all Halal meat used in school meals must be pre-stunned before slaughter.
Our Halal certificates, plus details of our meat and poultry suppliers, are available should any parent wish for more information.
Please note that alongside our Halal meat and poultry dishes, we also offer a good variety of nutritional, hot vegetarian meals, jacket potatoes and sandwiches with meat free fillings.
Means Tested Free School Meals
Please check with Sheffield City Council to see if your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
You can apply by:
- completing an online application
- contacting Sheffield City Council
The online application can be used by parents, carers, schools or professionals. You can apply online for up to 5 children.
The school receives additional funding for every eligible child, so please apply for Free School Meals if you are eligible, even if your child is in FS2, Y1 and Y2.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in FS2, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for universal free school meals. Meals can be ordered via the Parentmail app and you will not be charged.
Please choose and/or pay for your child’s meal using the parentmail app.
Children receive milk in school for free if they are:
- under 5 years old
- eligible for means-tested free school meals
Children in Key Stage 1 who are eligible for universal free school meals do not receive free milk.
If you would like your child to receive school milk, please contact the school office.