Oxford Reading Buddy
Oxford Reading Buddy is a digital reading service which our children access to develop comprehension and encourage a love of reading. It matches pupils with books at the right level and tracks performance across hundreds of Oxford’s print and digital books through expertly written comprehension quizzes.
It provides a motivating and friendly virtual environment where students have their own Reading Buddy to coach comprehension skills and where they will earn badges for working well.
Times Table Rockstars
Our Maths teachers know how fundamental times table recall speed is to success in maths lessons; yet it’s not always easy fitting in daily practice. Times Tables Rock Stars is a carefully sequenced programme of daily times tables practice which children can access independently at home.
All children have a login and password for Times Table Rockstars. Please ask your child’s class teacher if you don’t know it.
Mathletics - Virtual Learning Environment
Mathletics is an inspiring and engaging online platform which our year 6 children use for improving and reinforcing maths skills. Mathletics is designed to inspire children with the desire to learn and the confidence to succeed!
• Exciting, global Live Mathletics competition
• Set tasks to encourage independent learning
• Weekly progress emails to monitor progress via the dedicated Parent Centre
• Thousands of adaptive curriculum activities with an animated support centre
• Explorative Concept Search tool containing visual clues and interactive animations
• Times Tables Toons and Rainforest Maths
• Proven to increase average marks in maths
• Immediate feedback
• Inbuilt reward system to encourage confidence and improvement
• Students have access to Mathletics 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Very easy to use
• Provides the perfect link between home and school
• A wide variety of curricula and courses available
• The program is based upon adaptive learning thus students can learn at their own pace