Latest COVID 19 updatesWe are driven by our desire to provide a positive, safe and stimulating environment.
Did you know?
All adults in households with primary age children are now encouraged to start regular twice-weekly testing.
Lateral Flow Test Devices can be collected from your local test centre (Station Road Car Park, Darnall, S94JT) or ordered online.
• The Lateral Flow Devices collection window at Local Test Sites is between 1.30pm -7pm
• Online portal to order LFD tests at home: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
Updated 29th April 2021.
Following on-going evaluation of the local situation, Tinsley Meadows has now down-graded our risk assessment level to “High Amber”. We are closely monitoring the local Covid numbers and are being led by the science when making decisions about on-site restrictions. Our overwhelming aim is to prevent bubbles from closing where possible.
“High Amber” means that:
- Class bubbles remain in place.
- Staff are wearing masks in corridors and communal spaces (but not visors).
- Parents can only come into the school building for essential meetings and should continue to wear face coverings when on site and at the school gates.
- Most children continue to eat in classrooms, but we are working towards phasing back lunches in the dining hall.
- Plans are being made to re-open breakfast club in the dining room but this will be for pupils only as parents cannot yet come in the school building.
- Plans are being made to re-open some afterschool clubs.
- Online learning continues to be available for those children who are isolating but well enough to learn.
Parents & Carers please note:
- Please remember to wear masks when dropping children off and keep your distance at the gate with only one person dropping children off.
- Please remember that we ask you not to send your child to school if they have a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss of taste or smell. Or if anyone in your household has any of these symptoms.
- If someone in your household has tested positive in the last ten days please contact school before sending your child in.
We very much appreciate everything families are doing to support us to make our school as safe as possible for children and staff.
Please read the following documents for further information about the school’s response to the pandemic.